On June 16th, my son and I got to meet the voices in our minds aHEAD of the general public. At Fathom Events’ exclusive, advanced screening of Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out, we met Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear on the big screen. Billed as the “ultimate fan experience,” we would wholeheartedly agree. Our “anticipation” built as our Insider Access played out:
Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out
– Attendees received a limited edition Inside Out commemorative poster, along with a lanyard that included a special code for digital access to movie extras.
|Outside the Steve Jobs Building. (I would never break the rules and take photos of the inside!)|
– A 15-minutes behind-the-scenes tour of Emeryville, California’s Pixar Animation Studios in the incredible Steve Jobs Building. I would have been “happy” if I left after this unique and entertaining peek at the Pixar geniuses at work (hard) and play. We even got a cameo from John Lasseter; The Good Dinosaur, Finding Dory, and Toy Story 4 are in great hands!
– The animated short LAVA was so “touching,” so perfect, so complete, that I would have been “content” to leave after that! Only Pixar could create a love story whose only characters are mountains of lava.
|Inside Headquarters! (Pre-movie promo.)|
– The main event: Inside Out lived up to its 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. There will be no spoilers here, but the “moving” account of 11-year-old Riley’s journey from Minnesota to San Francisco to growing up is told through the journey of her emotions. The animation is compelling, though the star here is the complexity and levels of character development.
Actor Q & A
– Live, via satellite, from Australia was our half-hour Q & A opportunity with director Pete Doctor and actress Amy Poehler (Joy.) We were encouraged to tweet our questions aHead of time using hashtag #InsideOutAllAccess, but “sadly” mine was not one of the few picked. It was remarkable to hear from Pete and Amy that it took five long years to fully develop and record this movie. (Why do I think animated features must be so simple to produce??) It was also pretty cool to see the Sydney Opera House in the interview background!
|Q&A with Amy and Pete from Sydney.|
Inside Out had its official release on June 19th, 2015. It was a chance for access to this world from the inside out. If you haven’t yet seen it, be ready to laugh, cheer and tear. And enJoy all the moods!!!
I am “hoping” that this model will become a fan trend, especially for Pixar films. For the $20 price tag, we received a full evening (close to 3 hours) of entertainment and special access to the Pixar family. Follow @FathomEvents for future announcements- I know I will. Fathom Events’ exclusive screening of Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out, was pure Joy! Perhaps I’ll see you at The Good Dinosaur…
** This is not an ad nor sponsored post. I share it simply out of “love” for this movie!