Kālua Pork Slider!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Well, if you are a food fan it certainly is! Since 1995, Epcot International Food & Wine Festival attracts connoisseurs, munchers and nibblers to the annual Walt Disney World Resort foodie pilgrimage. Since I make it my business to attend every year, I was excited to join in Deb’s virtual tasting. As I’ve gushed before, one of my favorite must-have festival tidbits comes from the Aloha State. The Kālua Pork Slider with sweet and sour Dole® Pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise is a tropical taste sensation. I think I’ll make it!
Kālua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise
Kālua Pork Slider:
4 lb. boneless pork shoulder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 lb. diced pineapple
1 large sweet yellow onion, diced
1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
1 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, finely grated
Coarse salt, to taste
6 tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. hot chili sauce
2 tsp. white vinegar
Coarse salt, to taste
I choose the store-bought brioche roll option.
– Cut pork into 2 pieces; season with salt and pepper to taste.
– Place pork into slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
– Remove meat and reserve drippings.
– Shred meat with fork, adding drippings as needed to moisten.
– Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
– Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until pineapple falls apart and most of the liquid has evaporated; about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
– Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until fully combined.
Kalua Pork Slider ASSEMBLY:
– Cut brioche rolls in half.
– Place warm pulled pork on the bottom of the roll.
– Arrange Dole® Pineapple chutney on top.
– Drizzle spicy mayo over chutney.
– Top with second half of brioche roll.
My ‘Ohana went bananas over this tropical dish. Until we can again visit Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (or travel to the Hawaiian Islands themselves) this sweet and savory delectable is perfect for a stay-at-home luau. Mai e `ai! (Come and eat!!)
Before you get your fill of Epcot’s Kālua Pork Slider, be sure to visit our other International Marketplaces for your palate’s culinary trip around the world: